Sunday, May 8, 2011

My Speech Review

One thing that I need to work on is not fidgeting with my hands. During this speech I tended to do that a lot and it started off right towards the beginning of my speech. This has become a bad habit that happens during my speech that I need to break. I also need to watch pausing or saying um during my speech. This is not something that is a huge problem, but does still exist within my speeches from time to time. I also need to work on making sure that I stay within the time frame of my speech. This time I was within the time, but did cut it kind of close. While practicing I am usually well in the middle of my time, but when I get nervous I tend to talk fast, so I slow down my speech.

One thing that I do well during this speech is making eye contact with my audience. I do this mainly the whole time except for when I need to change my power point slide or am looking at the screen. Another thing that I do well is to not read off my note card. I knew my information clearly and effectively, so that I did not have to rely on looking at my note cards during the presentation.

As an overall speaker, I feel that I executed my speech well and had effective information to back up my claim. I feel that I was persuasive in why women need to be paid the same as their male co-workers. I feel that I touched the basic points that the class needed to know based on the audience analysis, but was still able to give them new, more in-depth information to further their knowledge and understanding of the topic.

3 comments:

  1. I thought you did a great job on your speech. You were very clear when speaking and although there were a few "um's", you were able to explain all of your concepts clearly and effectively.
    Even though you cut your speech close to the time frame, all of the information that you presented was important and you were able to keep it interesting the entire time!

    Good Job Emy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did well on your speech. You maintained focus and even though you did have some fidgeting moments they weren't too bad. You had good information that was presented in a way that kept up with what you were saying. Other then that you did very good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did really well on your speech, you made good eye contact and used a conversational style without having to rely on your notecards. I liked that you were animated, I think as you said one area to improve would be to lessen the fidgeting but other than that I didn't see much that you needed to work on. Overall you did a really good job, and definatly made me wonder whether I am paid appropriately at work.

    ReplyDelete